Coding classes begin quarterly
Online Web Development Program
Learn to Code in 12 or 24 Weeks
Web development is a fast-growing career track, and UCF Coding Boot Camp teaches you the specialized skills to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a fast-paced, immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the skills needed to become proficient in front-end and back-end programming.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers on real-world projects and build complex applications that will bolster your professional portfolio.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C#, and Amazon Web Services.
- Receive a Certificate of Completion from UCF Division of Continuing Education, demonstrating your achievements.
- Benefit from a wide set of career services: resume and social media support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training, coaching, job matching, and more to help you launch or advance your career.
Industry-Driven Full-Stack Curriculum
We work closely with employers and industry professionals looking for boot camp graduates to optimize our full-stack curriculum and ensure we are continually teaching the most in-demand technologies, including*:
A high-level, interpreted scripting language found on most of today’s web pages, this is the programming language that brings your site to life.
Defines the structure and layout of a webpage. This language is critical as it dictates a site’s organization.
Defines the style of a webpage and how it is presented to the user. This language is important because it determines fonts, colors, and positions of webpage elements.
A front end framework used to design responsive websites and web apps. This framework is fundamental to achieving good performance.
A database management system used to store and retrieve data. This system is critical for developers as most applications today require a MySQL database to preserve information.
A document-oriented NoSQL database. This database is critical for security and it is trusted to power business-critical applications in over 50 percent of the Fortune 100 companies.
A web application framework for Node.js. This framework play a crucial role in the flow of data between server and routes in server-side applications.
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Ready to learn more about UCF Coding Boot Camp?
Get Program Info
In-Demand Programming Topics
Front End Fundamentals
Advanced Front-End Frameworks
Students gain exposure to cutting edge front-end frameworks like React. They also deepen their skillsets by learning regionally relevant technologies.
Server-Side and Database Architectures
Students dive into MySQL and MongoDB databases and the construction of Node/Express servers. By this point, students can build full-stack applications.
Data Structures and Algorithms
Students will ground all they’ve learned in the core computer science concepts behind modern programming—maximizing their career readiness.
Innovative Part-Time Online Experience
Offered online, the part-time UCF Coding Boot Camp was designed for busy, working professionals like you. We understand that you need the flexibility to fit your education around your existing work and life commitments, but we also know that accountability is needed to help you become a web developer.
Flexible Online Lessons
Each week you will work through the project-based curriculum on your own schedule. Fit the content around your life and work commitments knowing our support system is there if you need it.
Engaging Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. Our online classes are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience, while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Receive extensive real-time support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, and student success and career services teams.
Make sure that you’re retaining your new coding skills by utilizing additional opportunities to apply your knowledge in real-world settings. Make sure that you’re on-pace and progressing through the course as you should be.
When learning to code, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Our industry professional instructional staff have the talent and drive to help our students, like you, succeed. They are available during live class instruction and office hours each week. Our online coding boot camp offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is available for 10 hours of live class instruction and 3.75 office hours each week.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews, or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration, or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help frame your past experience in a compelling way and help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp.
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The class environment allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Career Services and Industry Partnerships Support
Achieve your career goals with the help of a career coach and career material advisor, plus a variety of opportunities such as:
- Unlimited feedback on professional materials: The career services team offers unlimited feedback on your professional materials, like your resume and portfolio, to help you become employer-competitive.
- Interview prep and 1:1 career coaching: Discuss your career journey and receive quality coaching strategies and additional resources to help you become employer competitive. You will also have the opportunity to complete in-depth interview practice sessions, where you will be guided through real-world coding challenges and behavioral questions.
- Career and industry events: We offer ongoing behavioral and technical workshops, as well as events such as Demo Days with industry professionals, to help you build a network and stand out in the job market.
- Industry partner connections: Our career services team has an employer partner network of over 250 companies, hiring from across all of our boot camps. Events like the Career Connections career fair help us connect learners to employment opportunities with our partners.
- Job referrals: Work with your dedicated career coach to become employer-ready and eligible for referrals to our employer partners.
Why Join Our Coding Boot Camp?
Our Online Coding Boot Camp was built for a wide range of individuals, whether they are full-time working professionals, students, or people looking to take their first professional job. All professions are welcome and if any of the following applies to you, this could be the opportunity you’re for:
You’re looking to advance your current career and learn coding skills to open up new opportunities
You’re interested in switching careers and want to become a professional web developer
You want to enhance your coding skills or learn web development to advance in your role
Coding Boot Camp Application
- Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
- Interview and Application. An advisor will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
- Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
- Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the program, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
Coding Boot Camp Schedule Options
Part-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 24-week online program
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through a blend of scheduled instructor-led online classes two days per week and engaging self-paced content
- Dedicate 4 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on self-paced learning and hands-on projects
Full-Time Coding Boot Camp
- 12-week program with fully live online sessions in a virtual classroom environment
- Launch your career sooner by studying full-time and completing the program at an accelerated pace
- Attend live, instructor-led classes online Monday – Friday, 10 a.m – 2:30 p.m.
- Dedicate 20 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 25+ hours outside of class on projects and homework assignments
Frequently Asked Questions
Our coding boot camps in Sanford/Lake Mary, and in Orlando on the Valencia West campus and at the UCF Innovative Center, are being held online. Call us at (407) 454-9823 for more information on how to apply, or visit our Online Experience page.
While some background in coding is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. Our pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for our program.
No, applicants do not need to be UCF students. UCF Coding Boot Camp is offered through UCF Division of Continuing Education.
Our curricula cover front-end and back-end programming technologies*, and you will graduate with the coding skills needed to become a full-stack web developer:
- Databases (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Server Side Development (MERN Stack, Progressive Web Applications)
- Deployment/Command-Line Fundamentals (Heroku, Git)
API Interaction (API, JSON, AJAX)
- Quality Assurance (Unit Testing, Linting, Continuous Integration)
- Supplemental Self-Study Topics (Python, Java, C#, Amazon Web Services)
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Contact an admissions advisor by filling out the form below if you’re ready to learn more about UCF Coding Boot Camp.